I am an Accredited Psychotherapist and Accredited EMDR Therapist.
My passion is in helping people to live healthy and thriving lives. I do this by providing a safe therapeutic environment to facilitate in creating lasting positive change. I love witnessing the relief in people when they are able to make sense of their experiences and reconnect with their true selves to transform the way in which they live.
My clinical experience includes nearly a decade of working as a Psychotherapist in private inpatient hospitals, NHS and private outpatient settings and in private practice. I am trained in specialised therapeutic interventions and I have a special interest in working with complex trauma. I am committed to clinical excellence and dispelling the myths surrounding mental health thus preventing unhealthy thinking and behaving from running through families and society.
There are a variety of treatment options available for all ages which include: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person-Centred Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Mentalization-Based Therapy (MBT).
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and keep my skills and training up to date. I abide by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) ethical framework for good practice.
I am a mum and I enjoy meditation, Kundalini yoga and long walks in nature.
Feel free to contact me by telephone on 07517 429832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to found out more. I look forward to working with you.
- BSc (hons) Psychology
- MSc Counselling Psychology
- Clinical Supervision Certificate
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) trained (all parts completed)
- EMDR Child and Adolescent training (basic and advanced level)
- R-TEP G-TEP EMDR trained
- Mentalization-Based Treatment Training- Basic
- PTSD and Trauma Certificate
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MBCT) training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Certificate
- Life coaching Diploma
- Accredited registered member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Accredited member of EMDR Association UK & Ireland
- Member of Trauma Aid UK
Sharon is an Accredited and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) Association UK & Ireland.
To book a therapy session, please email email@example.com or call 07517 429832.